The Big Issue is looking for a highly dedicated and enthusiastic individual with an interest or experience within editorial content and digital production for a period of three months.
What you’ll do
- produce original journalism under the supervision of the newsroom editors
- work mostly for the News Desk
- work with our social media team to understand how best to promote our content on various platforms
- use data and monitoring tools to instruct some of your decisions
- Perform other administrative duties as and when required
- Good writing and proofreading skills
- Strong Internet research skills
- Interest in current affairs
- Passion for social media
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and an eye for a good image
- Quick learner, able to make decisions, multi-task and prioritise in a timely manner
- Degree level education
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
Send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples or excerpts (preferably journalistic articles) of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
About The Big Issue
The Big Issue is a powerful news website based in Kenya which offers worldwide news coverage, analysis, and profiles.